Friday, August 20, 2010

Back to School

I love "back to school" time.  My life as a child was pretty unpredictable, but school provided a stability and structure that made me so happy and secure.  The school library was my special sanctuary, where I pored over Old Yeller, all the Ramona books, and several Judy Blume books I'd have a stroke if my third-grade daughter read today.

As a teacher, I still love this time of year.  While I might fuss about meeting after meeting, neverending inservices, and massive amounts of prep work, the truth is, I love starting over every year.  I love the promise of new experiences, the hopeful feeling that comes with investigating and trying out new teaching techniques.  I love that each year is a chance to do better, to *be* better at this wonderful profession in which God has placed me.  But, most of all, I love those rows of sweet, expectant faces waiting to be loved, understood, and taught.

I love that God made me a teacher.    

No comments:

Post a Comment