Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Ringing in the new year

Oh, bloggy friends, it's been too long.  I took a break to deal with all the insanity that is Christmas in my family, and am finally feeling normal again.  And, of course, I made the obligatory resolution to lose weight.  This time, though, it HAS to be different.  I'm 35 & at my highest weight ever.  And, friends, it is high.  The good news is that, by counting calories, I'm already down 4 pounds or so.  My goals, specifically:

To stop abusing food--'tis my delicious drug of choice
To drink lots of water
To pay attention to my body and its signals
To log everything I eat into caloriecount.com
To exercise moderately, stepping up the intensity when I see some weight coming off through dieting

Pretty much sounds like the boring advice in every magazine on the stands right now.  But I feel bad, and bloated, and unattractive, and unhealthy...the list goes on.  Most of the time the simplest thing is the best thing, so I'm ebracing the simplicity of this plan.  Keep you posted.

PS--I would give a whole, whole lot of money for a Dr. Pepper right now.  No fooling.

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you and wow can I relate! I want a piece of chocolate cake (maybe even drenched in Dr Pepper :P) so bad right now! Blaine and I are doing a no sugar, vegan thing and it is killing me, but I know it will be worth it. We are trying so hard to get healthy!

    ReplyDelete