OK, I have a thing for corn. I detest creamed corn out of the can, but any other form of corn, and I'm all over it (well, except for high fructose corn syrup, but that's a post for another day). I make this corn only at Thanksgiving, because otherwise I would weigh 350 lbs. It is the most fattening corn dish you're ever going to have, but man, is it good. Whipping cream, butter, white flour and parmesan cheese? How can you miss? Plus, this sucker can be refrigerated for up to 4 DAYS before baking. Perfect to whip up the Tuesday before Thanksgiving and have one less thing to worry about when you're trying to thaw the turkey.
16 oz. pkg. frozen corn
1 1/2 c. whipping cream
1 t. salt
1 t. sugar
3 T. flour
3 T. melted butter
3 T. parmesan cheese
1/2 c. parmesan cheese
2 T. butter
1) Butter baking dish & sprinkle with 3 T. parmesan.
2) Bring whipping cream to a boil; reduce heat and add corn.
3) Simmer 5 minutes, then stir in salt & sugar
4) Make a paste with the 3 T. butter and 3 T. flour; stir into corn & cook until thickened.
5) Pour into the buttered baking dish, sprinkle with topping ingredients
6) Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
This is some dang good corn, y'all. I always have to double the recipe because my family looooves it. Hope yours does, too!